Because Mum is not baking on Mothers Day!!! Here is your opportunity to treat your Ma with something special, sweet and tasty! This home made coconut cake recipe is simple and easy to follow. Once made, make a cup of tea, relax and spend time with your ma. To make this delicious coco coco coco coconut cake all you need is the following:
√ 3/4 pound (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing the pans
√ 2 cups sugar
√ 3 eggs, at room temperature
√ 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
√ 3 cups all-purpose flour,
plus more for dusting the pans
√ 1 teaspoon baking powder
√ 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
√ 1 cup milk
√ 4 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
- First preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 (9-inch) round or in my case ‘heart shaped’ baking cake pan.
- In the large bowl cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed for 3 to 5 minutes with your hand held electric mixer, until light yellow and fluffy. Crack the eggs into a small bowl. With the mixer on medium speed, add the eggs 1 at a time, scraping down the bowl once during mixing. Add the vanilla extracts and mix well. You may decide to add some coconut oil if you have, but this is not a necessity.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the dry ingredients and the milk to the batter in 3 parts, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Finally fold in the 4 ounces of coconut with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter evenly into your pan and smooth the top with a knife or spatula.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 45 to 55 minutes, until the top is browned and a cake tester comes out clean. Cool on a baking rack for 30 minutes, then turn the cake out onto a baking rack to finish cooling.
- Serve with a slice of coconut cake to Mum with a cuppa tea or ice cream!!
Happy Mothers Day to these two special ladies ❤️
British Girl Blogging with a Cuppa